Wednesday, May 18, 2011

On the Road Again


I was supposed to post a recipe for this today, before I head out of town.

I wanted to impress you with my superior recipe development skills in the event that any of my soon to be met friends from this upcoming weekend visit my blog.   It was the one final thing I was going to post before leaving.    Unfortunately, I can't find my beautifully hand written and well tested recipe anywhere.   Despite tearing apart the kitchen this morning.   You'll just have to trust that I did want to impress you (really, I did).  

I am not planning on doing anything else to get ready for this trip.   I made a conscious decision to just show up and maybe have a little fun.   No pressure.   No meeting to prepare for, no presentation, no complicated travel arrangements.

I'm heading to Atlanta to attend the 2011 BlogHer conference.    My first trip traveling solo since last year in Europe.    Solo and won't know a soul.   Fabulous.   I am actually super excited about it.    

Truth be told, I felt guilty for about two minutes.   I had a few flashbacks to a certain "Real Housewife" of "Somewhere" who hadn't traveled anywhere without her husband since they were married.  (Think years.  Don't ask me how I know this.)  

I'm over feeling guilty, because that's kind of lame, but I am back to feeling excited.   I've read my 39 page pre conference guide and reviewed the getting ready checklist.   Then I worked on some really important stuff like painting the remaining 8.5 of my toenails pink as they haven't seen the light of day since my honeymoon; going for a really long walk in the woods because I've been feeling lazy and exercise is the perfect pre travel happiness drug;  making these banana cupcakes with our ever growing collection of brown bananas.


Sounds like I am procrastinating, doesn't it?    In any event, I'm looking forward to lots of learning, fun and hopefully some new friends from this trip!  I think it will be good for me to get away on my own again.  

PS - I want to thank you for all of your fun comments on my sandwich post.  I almost didn't write it as it felt a little ridiculous in its simplicity, but I'm glad I did.   I got hungry just reading your comments.

I'm curious, what are your thoughts on solo travel?   Love it or hate it or somewhere in between? 

1 comment:

  1. That first dish look totally yummy Emily! Have a good time in Atlanta!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love hearing from you and read each and every one!