Monday, May 16, 2011

My Favorite Sandwich



Do you have a favorite sandwich?

I'm on a crazy egg kick at the moment.   Such a perfect little food.   The "incredible edible egg" all wrapped up in a biodegradable package, full of protein and so versatile.  I've been playing with frittatas and quiches lately but I always come back to the simple fried egg.   A little crispy on the edges, but still oozy in the middle.   Definitely has to be oozy.

Did you know that the egg has 13 essential minerals and vitamins and only 70 calories?   Not too bad.


The egg is really the cornerstone of this sandwich.   Add a little avocado and some mustard and you have yourself a great little lunch.   I'm not even sure this qualifies as a recipe, given how simple it is, but sometimes simple truly is best!

What's your favorite? 


Egg and Avocado Sandwich


Ingredients

1 egg, fried
1/2 avocado, sliced thin
two slices whole wheat bread
Dijon mustard
salt and pepper, to taste

Preparation


Fry egg to your usual preference.  I recommend sunny side up and soft in the middle, purely for the ooze factor.

Lightly toast two slices of bread.   Spread one side with Dijon mustard.   Top with avocado slices.

Add egg to second slice.    Season with salt and pepper.   Put the two parts together and enjoy!

11 comments:

  1. I love avocado, but never thought of trying it with eggs. Interesting idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I'm not the only one that has a sunny-side up egg in their sandwich! I love how you can dip the sandwich crust in the egg when you're almost done--it's just really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy. I've been making lots of this lately: http://pinterest.com/pin/18452170/ so, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my favorite sandwich is turkey real turkey, cheddar cheese, lettuce & tomato, mustard ONLY mustard no butter or mayo on brown bread.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love runny yolks, but haven't had one for months. It's a long story.

    My fave sandwich is a roasted turkey with cranberry sauce, on toasted bread with mayo. It may sound weird, but it really is delish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum!! I love runny yolks...and the avocado with it. Mmmmmm...delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what I'm having for breakfast now! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that looks so yummy. i love eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. mmm this looks good! I need to eat more avocados. and eggs.
    my all-time fave will always be a great grilled cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eggs and avocados are two of my favorite foods!

    My all time favorite sandwich is one that gourmet magazine published on their cover a while back. its a steak sandwich with roasted tomatoes and a mint cilantro vinegar spread. Its not a quick and easy sandwich but its is my faavooorite

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love hearing from you and read each and every one!