So much to do, but where to begin?
The sudden burst of energy though has me on a mission to accomplish everything and more in the shortest time possible. The sense of urgency is back, which is super exciting. While planning the wedding and all the fun stuff was, well, fun, there was a little part of me that missed my old self. I'm looking forward to this new post wedding life of mine.
But, first, I must finish this move. The days of bringing over one thing at a time from my old house are over. I swear, I've tried moving numerous times over the past year. It usually consists of me driving to my house, looking around and instantly freezing. Sometimes accompanied by a minor panic attack. Followed by leaving and resolving to coming back "later".
Moving is an emotional task, to say the least. Other than changing my name, which will happen eventually, it is kind of like the final goodbye to my old life. Sad, in a sort of happy, but yet sad, but happy way. Make sense?
Anyway, time to move on. I've been absent for the past week or so as I've finally starting digging in. My days have looked a little something like this:
- Putting on my moving clothes and driving a car full of boxes 20 minutes to the old house.
- Lugging boxes up three flights of stairs.
- Wrapping up a million things in at least as much newspaper. Permanent newsprint on hands.
- Lugging one box at a time down three flights of stairs to the car (or persuading John to come over after work and carry the 'really heavy' ones).
- Getting temporarily sidetracked with trips down memory lane by looking at old photographs, reading old letters, etc.
- Driving back to the new house, slowly, to make sure nothing breaks along the way.
- Lugging one box at a time into the house where it sits until the next day. I thought our house was a mess before with all the wedding stuff, boy was I wrong.
- Unwrapping each piece and cleaning every single item before it finds a home. I'm sure it was clean before, but now that it has a new home, I suppose it needs to be super clean.
- Rearranging cabinets, shelves and drawers, over and over again, until space clears up for new things.
- Back to step one.
So much fun... I can hardly stand it.
On a positive note:
- I will have a lot more time on my hands when this is done.
- Every day is a little like Christmas. Wrapping, unwrapping, repeat.
- My things will be really (really) clean.
- I finally have my wok back.
- The days of the house as "Man Cave" are numbered.
Once this move thing is finally done, I have lots of new things to share and some exciting ideas brewing. Plus some fun new wedding and honeymoon posts on their way soon... Moving on is a good thing!
(now... back to work...)